Nominations are now closed!
The AIDF Asia Summit is currently accepting nominations for the Innovator of the Year Award. This competition celebrates individuals as well as teams who have introduced game-changing initiatives, created research or inventions that have made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Asia over the past year. The aim is to recognise individuals for their inspiring leadership, forward-thinking, creative problem-solving and implementation of innovative programmes that have helped drive Asia’s progress towards Sustainable Development Goals.
The finalists will be able to present a short overview of their innovation at the AIDF Asia Summit before the winner is announced.
Application deadline: 23 May 2018
Finalists shortlisted: 28 May 2018
Judge's voting: 28 May - 8 June 2018
Winners announced: 20 June 2018
- Inspired innovation: nominees should exhibit a thoughtful, creative and innovative approach to resolving humanitarian and development challenges in Asia over the past year
- Proven impact: the initiatives, research or inventions that nominees have introduced or implemented should demonstrate a positive impact on solving humanitarian aid and development challenges in Asia
- Building on success: nominees should be looking to enhance and grow the impact of their initiatives, research or inventions to accelerate Asia’s progress towards Sustainable Development Goals, including future plans to take their idea to the next level
- All finalists should be available to attend the awards ceremony on 20 June 2018 at the United Nations Conference Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
- Nominations are open to individuals who work for UN and government agencies, NGOs, donors and development banks active within the humanitarian aid and development sector in Asia
- An award can be based on the work of a team but needs to contain a name of the team leader i.e. nominee, who will accept the award on the team's behalf
- Self-nominations are allowed
- Please obtain the nominee’s consent to participate in this award program
- There is no submission fee, however, if you are entering a nomination, please ensure that you complete all required fields of the nomination form
- The award winner will benefit from extensive media coverage and industry recognition for their achievements in humanitarian aid and development in Asia. The recipient will be awarded the following:
- A crystal award at the AIDF Asia Summit 2018
- Free registration for the AIDF Asia Summit 2019
- A press release announcing the award winner will be published on aidforum.org as well as event website asia.aidforum.org with details of the winner’s initiatives, research or inventions that made an impact on the humanitarian aid and development sectors in Asia over the past year
- Social media endorsements by AIDF